This page is exclusively for clients of Chiropractic First LLC and is meant to address FAQs about the current pandemic outbreak of the coronavirus known as SARS-CoV-2 and the subsequent illness known as COVID-19.
Current changes to Chiropractic First LLC:
- Currently, there are limited by-appointment-only in-office treatment hours. (Last updated 9/8/20)
- Telehealth calls are also available by appointment 503-626-5761.
Scheduling will be limited to allow for thorough anti-viral cleaning of any contacted surfaces, any Chiropractic or exercise equipment used, and the staff to wash their hands. Masks and clean hands are mandatory for everyone who enters the office. A mask will be provided if you need one.
What we are asking of our clients for everyone's safety:
- Call to qualify for and schedule your appointments.
- Arrive a few minutes early for your appointment.
- Call the office upon arrival to see exactly when to enter the office.
- If you did not bring a cell phone, please give a knock on the door and await instructions.
- Leave your phone and other non-necessary items in your vehicle.
- If it is an appointment, for your whole family, please take turns entering the office, except for young children.
- Put your mask on before entering the office.
- Use hand sanitizer or wash your hands for 20+ seconds immediately upon entering the office.
- Proceed immediately to your exercise station or the adjusting table as prescribed by the doctor.
- Leave the office promptly following your appointment.
- Schedule your follow up appointments via phone.
If you are pregnant, sick, have heart disease, lung disease, diabetes or other chronic severe illness, or are over 60, then please call Dr. Huma any time to schedule your appointments at special times.
There is hand sanitizer both at the reception desk and at the adjusting area. Feel free to use them, however, hand washing is much more effective than alcohol-based hand sanitizer at killing the virus and there are 2 washrooms down the hall and a separate hand washing station between them out in the hall.
Chiropractic table etiquette: Keep your mask on at all times, unless instructed by the doctor or if you are having troubles breathing. Please do not cough or sneeze on the table or your Chiropractor. Thank you. Please do not linger on the table following your treatment. If you have healthcare questions or concerns, want more coronavirus information, or you just want to small talk, we can do that over the phone. Our office phone lines are transferred each night to Dr. Huma's phone and we are now available for telemedicine consultations.
If at any point you feel like you are coming down with any illness, please call us to let us know. The SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus can have an asymptomatic incubation period of 2-14+ days before any signs or symptoms of the COVID-19 illness occur. This is even more likely in younger and overall healthier individuals.
Oregon Health Authority (OHA) - FAQs - COVID-19
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - FAQs - COVID-19
The CDC says: Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread from person-to-person through respiratory droplets. Currently, there is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with food. Before preparing or eating food it is important to always wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds for general food safety. Throughout the day wash your hands after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing, or going to the bathroom. It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.
Knowing that 40-70% of the world's population at some point may contract this coronavirus, and there is no treatment or vaccine in the meantime, you should be focusing on keeping your immune system as healthy as possible through:
- Sleeping restfully and adequately.
- Stay hydrated.
- Eat fresh nutritious foods.
- Supplement when needed: Vitamin D3, a quality liquid multivitamin with antioxidants, and Omega-3 fatty acids. Talk to Dr. Christopher about these supplements.
- Exercise and get some sun (Make your Vitamin D3).
- Exercise your mind (read, play, relax, meditate, listen to podcasts, watch a funny movie, journal, make art, have fun). Step away from the 24-hour news cycle for a few hours, it will still be there.
- Get adjusted. All this stress can build up inside you, in your back and neck, and lower your immune function. Chiropractic care is designed to help you heal optimally.
You can help stop COVID-19 by limiting social contact, wearing a mask, frequently washing your hands, and by knowing the signs and 3 main symptoms of COVID-19:
- Shor/ness of breath
Seek medical advice/care if you develop these symptoms whether or not you have knowingly been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19. Call ahead before you go to a doctor’s office or emergency room. Tell them about your symptoms.
Latest COVID-19 research (Last updated 9/3/20): COVID-19 is, in the end, an endothelial disease
Published: 03 September 2020
Legal Disclaimer: This is not specific medical advice for an individual or any form of an attempt to diagnose anyone's health conditions. This is information may change rapidly as scientists discover more about the diagnosis and treatment options. As such, I will include direct links to State and Federal Health Websites, and brief summaries. If you are having a medical emergency, call 9-1-1 and seek immediate medical treatment.